Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I need a Heart Lift.

Since turning 40, I sometimes think about parts of my body that I would like to be different.  Naturally, everything is getting older.  I look at pictures from years ago and realize that I don't look the same.  I don't know that I would want a face lift...it looks too painful.  I probably could go for some miracle cream that would make my skin look tighter and smoother.  That doesn't seem as invasive.

Basically,  I realize that it isn't about looks.  It is about the heart.  Everyone is in need of a heart lift.  Tonight is my night.  Life sometimes can hit you with a dose of "poor me" and I need that heart lift.  It is a human need to feel loved and encouraged.   My husband is an encourager.  Throughout our married life, it seems that we are always there to lift each other.  When I am down, he is there to help me up.  When he is down, I am there for him.  Thankfully we are rarely down at the same time.  Through those times, it is always nice to have a friend there and we have a few good ones!  But tonight, I guess I just need that extra heart lift.  I need that ability to click my heels together and hit the fast forward to a time when all is positive and uplifting.  Maybe it will be tomorrow, maybe next week....I know that I am a child of God and He promises that He will bring a river to our desert.  I am looking for that river and hope to see it and feel the refreshment that it will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment